reJUVEnation

A place for Humberside theatre folks of the early '80's to reconnect, brag, expose and post current info

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Happy is he who (SHE who) knows the causes of things


Hi all, this is great and I am thrilled to hear from so many amazing individuals! I hope that everyone is doing well and that all of you are living happy and healthy lives (and hey, if you're not, don't sweat it, things can always change).

So, I am going to be quick because I have a ton of work to do today and I just spent about 1 hour writing a blog to you all, pushed the back button on my browser and LOST ALL of my writing and pictures. Grrrrrr. It was good stuff too.

So, the last 20 odd years have been up and down. I really did not keep in touch with anyone from HCI due to my running away from life (learnt pretty quickly that it does not work that way).





I traveled a lot ( that image is of me traveling the globe - actually, its the art of a local guy whom I adore) and got into some really amazing adventures (if you want to call them that) and wrote some amazing stuff along the way. I traveled all of Canada and the US of A (loved it, so beautiful), went south, traveled all over Mexico and Central America, went to Europe, Malta, and would have kept going, but had to come home when I got news of my ex partners state of health (not good), so I ran home to be with him. The early 90's were an awful time for me as I lost some very dear friends and lovers far to early in their young lives. It has taken me a long time to let people in again (still working on it). Anyway, I should keep this light.

that's me in Malta (we have a house there now), a beautiful country in the Med.


I live in the T Dot as the kids say today and work in television. I started out in film and TV but hated it (the hierarchy and attitude) and I discovered long form documentary, which I love and have made a career out of. My goal now is to have my own production house and produce my own content. Soon.

I have 3 lovely new kids in my life (on nephew, two niece's). Let me show you them.





Here is what I look like today. If you are wondering why so much of the photos have graff in them, its because I love the art form. Anyway, here I am.....

That was taken in this weird spot I found in an alley off Queen West (I spend a lot of time exploring the places I live in and am always finding new things). Someone has hung a swing between 2 buildings that are merging in on each other and people have covered the walls with graf. Its such an awesome spot I had to take a picture.

And again....
Well, that's probably more than anyone has time to read, so, I will say goodbye. But one last thing.
You guys were my haven of safety during my highschool years. I am serious. It was terrifying being queer in an environment where most of the people would have rather killed me than hugged me. Thank you for being so advanced at such a young age. I really do mean it. Until the next time....Love and best wishes

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

John, Thanks for your amazing, honest and real post. So refreshing...and very reflective of the way you were as a kid: sweet, cautiously but deeply honest, and searching with a big shot of self-deprecation. You've inspired me to put up another post soon. Sorry to miss you tomorrow...would have loved to see you.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger 2dboy said...

Thank you Lisa. I look so foreward to another post from you.
Be well.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Victoria Lorient-Faibish M.Ed said...

John I loved your heart felt words. They have moved me. I feel we were all pretty special for highschoolers. I loved everyone I met in the theatre and I do you remember you with such fondness. I wish you had been at the event. YOu were so missed. Bless you and your depth of character. It fucking rocks. Hugs and lOve Victoria.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home